[Year 12 IT Apps] Another silly question

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at westnet.com.au
Tue Oct 27 17:39:31 AEDT 2015

Hello Sylvia

It is my understanding that from an Aust Curric point of view, DigiTech is a stand-alone subject not intended as some sort of description of 'computers across the curriculum' - hence "the scope and sequence is quite technical ..."

In the Aust Curric it is the General Capability of ICT which fills the role of computers across the curriculum. For the Vic Curric (2017) my reading of it says that Gen Cap ICT has been built into the various subjects and therefore is not specified separately. In principle, this means that school syllabii need to be adjusted to reflect what it says in the Vic Curric for each subject, not break DigiTech into a bits to be scattered across the curriculum.

(Sorry James, I don't think I'm on the 7-10 list)

Regards
Robert T-A