[Year 12 IT Apps] MMOS authoring software

Mark mark at vceit.com
Fri Oct 16 11:16:49 AEDT 2015

​Hi, clock-watchers

I was mightily interested - and nervous - to see what minimum functionality
VCAA would prescribe for the software to create the multimodal online
solution (MMOS).

I was concerned that it would mandate a list of functions that would
effectively rule out anything but web authoring software - like mummy
saying you can have ANY sort of pet, as long as it has four legs, a tail...
and it goes 'miaow'.

I have been including slideshows (e.g. Powerpoint) as a possible MMOS
authoring tool (in 'kiosk' mode to give the developer full navigation
control) and was hoping that the long-awaited mandated functions would not
put the kibosh on that option.

Fortunately, Powerpoint slideshows *can* fulfil all of the the mandated
functions...

   - import/enter, edit and format content
   - structure screen layout
   - create links
   - provide navigation
   - create buttons
   - create tags (alt tags)
   - incorporate images (still and moving), text and sound.​

​The alt tags might have been the only sticking point, but research proves
that Powerpoint can indeed have​ alt text (titles and descriptions)
attached to images. (see screenshot below).

​

Mark​

--

*​I'm missing teaching so much that I wrote an app that rings an annoying
bell every 45 minutes.*

Mark Kelly

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com