[Year 12 IT Apps] Textbook delivery date ... MID APRIL

Garth, Lucas A garth.lucas.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 19 16:00:07 AEDT 2015

Hi all,

I've got an issue with no hardcopy solution for my year 11 students in 2016 like there is for my 12s.  The Informatics people barely batted an eyelid when I said the textbook was delayed but "here ya go".  Not sure how I offer a level of professionalism to my newly minted VCE students, saying "we are aiming for you to step up here...but you won't have a text for 1/3 of your course...enjoy my PPTs instead!"

Even for the 12s I've got to carry much of the early U3O2 lifting because you'd be mad not to at least make a start on this in Term 1 (when you won't have the textbook for any sort of guidance)

I'll probably be leaning on the old textbook for teaching U1O1 and U1O2 and am actually starting to lean towards teaching networks first as there's much the students can research on their own and online without reference to a textbook that at least in this particular area of study can be out of date (e.g. data transmission speeds) before it's even printed.

Lucas