[Year 12 IT Apps] What Schools Must Learn From LA’s iPad Debacle

Mark mark at vceit.com
Mon May 11 16:24:02 AEST 2015

Indeed.

DET have been pretty good at not locking schools into corporate-content
straitjackets.

(Let us try to forget the Oracle/Ultranet débâcle for the moment.)

It is edifying, however, to remotely view the disasters suffered afar and
benefit from a cosy dose of smug *schadenfreude*.

On a similar theme, John Oliver recently tore corporate-created
standardised testing (e.g. from Pearson Education)
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eEyRZVWHGs> a New Southern Orifice. It's
well worth watching the whole episode. There but for the grace of DET go we.

BTW - if you can't download Youtube clips because they're infuriatingly
locked to a region, try Chrome's plugin *Hola! <http://hola.org>*, or go
all the way and buy access to a proxy like *'Private Internet Access'
<https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/>*. Note - These are just tips, not
commercial endorsements!

Mark

Mark Kelly