[Year 12 IT Apps] [OT] Krystalknows.com

Mark mark at vceit.com
Fri May 1 12:16:53 AEST 2015

This is an odd site that tells you about people with a public profile and
advises you how to write to them. Of course it may be no more accurate than
a horoscope, but it uses ICT so I'm game.
It may take a few days for you to get an invitation to sign up, but I got
mine today.

Naturally, I wanted to know how best to address our Paula.
Krystal advised:

Paula is very persistent and results-driven, develops loyal, trusting
relationships, and dislikes ambiguity.

*When speaking to Paula...*
Stay focused on one point
Emphasize the future
Don't go on a tangent
Don't change the subject

*When emailing Paula...*
Write 3 sentences or less
State your purpose for the email in the first sentence
Don't send lots of extra information (like links and attachments)
Don't make more than one point

*When working with Paula...*
Display steadiness and consistency
Always focus on the team's overall goal
Don't sugarcoat a difficult topic
Don't reschedule a meeting at the last minute

*When selling to Paula...*
Compliment the quality of her work, rather than her broadly
Bring everything back to her end goal and how your product can help her
achieve it
Don't spend lots of time talking about topics unrelated to work
Don't expect her to ask lots of questions

*It comes naturally to Paula to...*
Articulate a clear plan of action before a big decision
Act as a mediator in a group decision
Finish one task before starting another
Stay loyal to trusted companies and brands

*It does not come naturally to Paula to...*
Prioritize innovation and excitement above stability and security
Bounce between topics in a conversation
Lose track of time while working
Let a deadline slip

Now I'm off to find out how best to talk to myself...

--

>> Witty sig goes HERE <<

Mark Kelly
mark AT vceit DOT com