[Year 12 IT Apps] U4O1 User Documentation

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Jul 18 19:20:44 AEST 2015

Hi everyone I'm currently in Barcelona on leave. Mark your reference to the assessment
Handbook is completely correct. Back in Melbourne on 3 August.

Regards
Paula

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Jul 2015, at 8:23 am, "Mark" <mark at vceit.com<mailto:mark at vceit.com>> wrote:

Hi Adem.

-Do the students need to go through the design stage for the 'onscreen user documentation' for unit 4 outcome 1?

The assessment handbook's rubric for ITA U4O1 says that a top answer would include...

"All functional and appearance requirements of the ongoing solution and the user documentation are accurately represented in appropriate design tools."

So - yes - documentation needs to be designed.

- Are they required to submit a testing table?

The rubric says...

"Comprehensive testing confirms that the ongoing solution and user documentation operate as intended."

So - it does need to be tested.
A testing table might be appropriate, but it's not mandated.
Students could also interview or survey their peers to test their documentation.

-Can the user documentation be a video tutorial?

The study design says that students should "use web authoring or multimedia authoring software to create onscreen user documentation"

So be careful.
Does "multimedia authoring software" include a video camera and a talking head? I'd say not.

But a screen recording (e.g. Camtasia) app recording the software interface activity, with a voice-over...
I'd say yes. That's multimedia, and it uses software.

My 2.2 drachma worth.
Paula may chip in a couple of good old Australian cents herself.

Cheers
Mark