[Year 12 IT Apps] Student IT competitions

Vear, Gary D vear.gary.d at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Jul 15 11:35:34 AEST 2015

Hi Sylvia,

The NCSS Challenge (Python programming) begins in early August (runs for about 5 weeks). We'll have our Yr 11 IT students taking part as well as several Yr 7 students.

https://groklearning.com/challenge/

Starting your students out on the 'newbies' stream might be best. No prizes up for grabs, but they offer a weekly ladder so your students can compare how they've fared in relation to one another as well as those at other schools. The challenges are very well structured and the support participants receive is excellent.

Cost is $20/student, but well worth it. Last year's students really enjoyed themselves and were happy to receive at certificate at the end of the competition.

-Gary