[Year 12 IT Apps] OT: Voice recogniction software

Mark mark at vceit.com
Mon Jul 13 14:08:16 AEST 2015

Hi Sylvia.  My experience suggests that voice recognition is not too
reliable even when used by fluent and fastidious practitioners of Received
Pronunciation.
I suspect It would be much less useful for a person with a speech defect.

And a lot of tedious training is required to get the software to decipher
any individual's speech.

Can the student type?

The use of a keyboard is a commonly-allowed special consideration for VCE
students with handwriting deficiencies.

I've not heard of cases of electronic speech recognition being permitted.

Regards
Mark

--

>> Witty sig goes HERE <<