[Year 12 IT Apps] The Hidden Privacy Threat of … Flashlight Apps?

Mark mark at vceit.com
Tue Oct 21 11:34:06 EST 2014

An interesting example for the kiddies of how you can expose your private
data  without meaning to...

"When I downloaded the Flashlight app to my iPhone, I was in a jam...
Though I didn’t realize it at the time, I was potentially handing over a
boatload of data to advertisers as well. Even a flashlight app, it turns
out, can ask for a shocking amount of user data when you download it,
tapping everything from my calendar to my phone’s location engine to my
camera."

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/iphone-apps/

And remember - only 17 shopping days until the ITA exam!

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*I love the sound of people's voices after they stop talking.*