[Year 12 IT Apps] elearning standards

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu May 23 09:49:34 EST 2013

Crikey, imagine if we did not recommend that we teach HTML at one point because of this concern. It would have held up things for a decade! It is just that many are jumping ahead with advanced features before details about the standard have been hammered out (these things take years). I recall that we saw much the same thing happening with images and tables with ye olde HTML.

The core of HTML5 has been implemented and adopted by most browsers and many websites.
http://html5test.com/ (does your browser support HTML5?)

Is there any popular browser that does not already support HTML5?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5#Popularity

Don't mind the fall-back mechanism suggested in the research report, we need to cater for all groups. Even those still using IE6 I suppose ;-) I guess that unlike VET, we have this luxury in the year 11IT area when we reflect upon audience etc. I secretly enjoy cross-browser conflicts we bump into for all the learning opportunities that they provide for challenging and teaching students. My 2 cents worth ..

Regards Roland

Roland Gesthuizen | eLearning Leader
Keysborough College DEECD
http://about.me/rgesthuizen

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead