[Year 12 IT Apps] Student conference

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu May 2 08:55:19 EST 2013

Dear colleagues

As you would know from my previous postings, we are on the brink of very exciting times regarding IT/Digital Technologies curriculum in Victoria, through the development of the Australian Curriculum subject Digital Technologies. This mandated curriculum, up to year 8 will hopefully bring great benefits to your school, with many students enthusiastic to continue their study of IT into the senior secondary years (e.g. VCE and VET).

While there are many educational grounds for the introduction of a digital technologies discipline into schools, there are also strong economic reasons, including our emerging knowledge-based economy, which will require experts to create innovative purpose-designed solutions to capture and create intellectual and social capital. Bringing with this are many career opportunities in a diversity of fields, especially in art/design areas. VITTA is addressing these opportunities by holding a student conference on 2 June, with a focus on current senior secondary offerings as well as study and career pathways in this field of endeavour.

I would urge you to visit the VITTA website, check out the program, specifically designed for students (years 9 - 12) and their parents, and bring this to their attention. Encourage your classes to attend!

http://www.vitta.org.au/events/event/my-direction-vitta-student-conference

Regards
Paula

Paula Christophersen
Curriculum Manager, Digital Technologies
Victorian Curriculum and Assessment
Authority
2 Lonsdale Street
MELBOURNE 3000