[Year 12 IT Apps] VITTA Practice Exams Indiscrepancies

POLLOCK, Benn(POL) POL at wantirnacollege.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 18 11:53:06 EST 2012

Hello All,

A few queries regarding the practice exams from the VITTA. My students
and I have had quite some debate over quite a few of the answers
provided to the exams in the 2012 Exam Pack.

In a response to one of the questions, it asks for the student to fill
in the table with the correct data type. The field name is
"ProductCost($)". All my students put "Currency" as the appropriate data
type, however the VITTA answers sheet lists the correct answer as
"Number", however I believe that Currency is listed as a Data Type in
the text.

Also, another sub question to this was to identify the naming convention
used. The correct answer provided was CamelCase or CamelBack. I can't
seem to find these naming conventions anywhere within the text, or
remember covering them with my students throughout the year. There is
also a multiple choice question in the same practice exam which ask
students to choose the correct naming convention used - the responses
include, Camel Case, Camel Back, Hungarian Notation and Positional
Notation. Once again, can't see to find any reference to any of these in
the texts. Have I missed something? If it's not in the text, how can
students expect to answer these questions? These are just some of the
recent discrepancies I've had with these VITTA practice exams.

Cheers,
Benn