[Year 12 IT Apps] Game training - old thread revived for just a moment

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Mon May 14 21:37:17 EST 2012

hi All

A few months ago there was a thread about the Game Training Roadshow (see archives at http://www.edulists.com.au/pipermail/itapps  and choose March 2012 if you want to read the emails)

Today we had the Presentation. (I had already booked at the time of the thread so kept quiet)

All of the students were impressed.
Year 7s enjoyed and followed  and asked good questions.
Year 10s and 11s were very impressed and asked probing questions
The girls in attendance asked questions indicating deep thought and strong interest

All of the senior students would recommend it to their friends (have not caught up with year 7 opinion yet)

I enjoyed it (and I am not a gamer, nor do I enjoy games. I am a coder programmer designer do-er type. )

The presenter answered questions and packed a lot into two hours. It was intense and fun.
The Design part I followed and the coding part I liked - I can see that is where some of my students will need support over the next few months as they move into doing games - maybe some will even get to the point of selling their games.

Feel free to contact me off list (shortell at get2me.net   or  ashortell at crcmelton.catholic.edu.au)

At the time of the earlier thread I felt it would be good to post my opinion after the event - so now I have.

Enjoy

Andrew Shortell
ordinary teacher
CRC Melton

shortell at get2me.net

I have always liked my own advice - sometimes even I follow it