[Year 12 IT Apps] Cloud redundancy

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:30:28 EST 2012

Sorry to reflect back on this old thread.

I heard from a senior IT engineer in NSW that many of the big cloud
providers, now backup the data across continents. I has been said that
'it isn't a backup until the backup has left the building'. I guess we
can now say that you don't really have a backup until you have stored
it on multiple continental plates. If you could connect these volumes
and sync with an atomic clock, it conjures an image of an
intercontinental raid device or a super cloud drive that spans the
globe with transnational redundancy. :-)

Regards Roland