[Year 12 IT Apps] Excellent Normalisation example

Ciotti, George W ciotti.george.w at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu May 3 23:40:15 EST 2012

Thanks Jarrod. Regarding screencasts, the videos accompanying this article are as good as it gets. I showed the videos to the class so that we could focus on the very well explained process – and of course stop whenever I wanted to add or reinforce associated concepts. The best thing about the article/videos is that they cover a variety of processes and concepts and demonstrate the relationships between them very clearly.

BTW Joyce Tabone's recent post with her 2011 SAC is a perfect follow up SAC for this year in 302 if you take the students through this. Her data set is perfect for what is in most circumstances a difficult SAC - given that most of my students have no prior knowledge of Access or database concepts to begin with.
I am going to use it with a few modifications, thanks Joyce.

Cheers
George

The University High School
77 Story Street, Parkville, Vic, 3052, Australia
Ph: (03) 9347 2022
mobile: 0412934782