[Year 12 IT Apps] RDBMS systems

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 13:29:16 EST 2012

I have been a bit quiet this year (only teaching year 11 IT)

Was hugely surprised at the ISTE conferences in the USA how large FMP is overseas, especially in the education sector. I think the past dominance of MS Access is perhaps a local thing.

Crikey, wasn't always been like that. I still remember teaching DBase III and in some ways, it seemed to be a more explicit towards teaching databases and computational thinking. I rediscovered this when I revisited the PHP SQL programming in Kevorks splendid book.

Regards Roland