[Year 12 IT Apps] A whole new arena of data threats - ITA U4O2

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 23:07:17 EST 2012

Sadly, some truth and fearmongering (hmm, the spell checker doesnt like the
f* word)

Most sites I use have a "Sign in using your Google account" to just
authenticate myself to a server so I don't have to create a new account or
grant access to my email. I do agree that users need to understand the
implications of what they are agreeing to and how different access levels
work.

Regards Roland

On 11 February 2012 13:53, Mark KELLY <kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> Who are you letting into your gMail, Twitter, Facebook accounts?
>
> And what could they be doing there?
>
> http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2012/02/perpetual-window-into-gmail/

> Manager of ICT, Reporting, IT Learning Area
> McKinnon Secondary College
> Direct line / Voicemail: +613 8520 9085, Fax +613 9578 9253
> kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
> VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
> Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://www.edulists.com.au/>
>
> --
> Grammar for the 21st century...
> Infinitive: I sync my phone.
> Past tense: I sanc my phone.
> Past participle: I have sunc my phone.

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead