[Year 12 IT Apps] Unit 3 - Outcome 1 SAC report

Laura Fihelly fihl at crcsydenham.net
Tue Feb 7 15:26:03 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have been going through the ITA SAC Report and in the Outcome 1
section it stated that if choosing a written report instead of a test
the written report should not include lines, multiple-choice questions,
closed questions or individual questions.

Firstly, when it states lines; do they mean we cannot put lines on the
page for students to write in?? I'm not really sure what they are
stipulating there.

Secondly, last year I put the following dot points which I wanted my
students to address in the report:

You are required to write a report which justifies the Iphonz website
and explains the technical requirements of the host network.

Use the suggested bullet points and headings below to help you structure
your report. You are to write up your response on the lines provided
below. Remember, you will need to write in full sentences.

Type and justification of online Community
(5 marks)

*         Define what type of online community/s Iphonz is a part of?
Justify your answer by explaining why you think the website belongs to
this particular community (make sure you mention the strengths and
limitations that this online community provides for Iphonz)

*         What is the purpose and functionality of the online community
mentioned above (if you have mentioned more than one, choose one and
discuss that, do not talk about all of the online communities mentioned)

*         Discuss the needs of the online community and how these affect
the nature of their websites (i.e. access requirements)

Technical Requirements
(5 marks)

*         Explain and justify what type of network is appropriate for
Iphonz

*         Identify any key hardware and software that would be
appropriate to set up a network

*         Identify any key hardware and software that would be
appropriate to set up the website servers

*         Distinguish between wired and wireless communication
technologies and suggest an appropriate communication technology to
support Iphonz online.

Is this providing too much information or is that suitable ?

Cheers,

Laura Wright

Teacher of Business Management & Information Technologies

Catholic Regional College Sydenham

380 Sydenham Road

Sydenham 3037

email: fihl at crcsydenham.net <mailto:fihl at crcsydenham.net>