[Year 12 IT Apps] Facial Recognition Article

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 16:01:28 EST 2012

Thanks Paul,

This gives me a silly thought about how we can apply this to our classrooms
and 1:1 netbook programs. As #biometric facial recognition can help secure
student phones and laptops. So why not get them to create a silly face to
REALLY lock down these devices.

https://plus.google.com/101425432113707315497/posts/WhbP7Fv1Qyb

Regards Roland

On 4 February 2012 13:57, Paul Golub <golupau at santamaria.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>   Hi All,
>

> interesting article about facial recognition - good for Unit 4.
>

> If you don't get a chance to read the article at least watch the video
> clip.
>

> http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/could-facial-recognition-technology-destroy-redundant-and-bankrupt-passwords-20120130-1qp7h.html
>

> Paul Golub
>
> Santa Maria College
>
> 50 Separation St
>
> Northcote 3070
>
> 9489 7644le
>
> This email and any attachments may be confidential. You must not disclose
> or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.
> If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and
> delete the email and all copies. The College does not guarantee that this
> email is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and may only
> be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss,
> damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the
> attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The
> content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the
> College.

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead