[Year 12 IT Apps] this database thread again....

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Sat May 28 16:54:33 EST 2011

are we still yappin about this old chestnut again????

Who upset Mark this time!!?? lol.

ok...so what about the OpenOffice people??   Oops..almost forgot those fruit loving vegetarians(Apple Mac users).

And just for a curve ball with a last minute left dip..I wrote a database years ago using COBOL. It ordered, sorted, colored, columned and printed but didnt make coffee, order lunch for you or park your car!! (it used a good ol comma delimited data file too)

oh how I love these chats...puts a smile on my dial...

your turn now...

hehehehe...

(me? I've used Access, Clipper, Oracle. Have OpenOffice on my home box(saves $$ and space!)  and no, I havent used FileMaker, so cant comment on it.

Oh, yeah, we also must remember that DB apps can be made with spreadsheets too...just to throw a fly in the ointment here.)

......must be time to put the kettle on! Got no money left, just paid some bills online.....oh, and told an e-marketing crew to go jump!

Kent Beveridge

ICT Co-ordinator, St.Brigids CSC, HORSHAM,Vic,Aus.
kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au<mailto:kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au>