[Year 12 IT Apps] audit

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri May 6 11:52:49 EST 2011

Glad you support the notion that we need to be open and transparent about
our work and encourage sharing. I have enjoyed your many posts from behind
the Grampians. I guess by fearless I was suggesting that a sound audit
process is examining your work, not judging you as an individual or opening
you to any fears that you may be bullied or threatened.

A family friend who supervises major company audits nailed down for me the
real meaning behind the words "integrity" and "audit" that he engages with,
every working day. I must admit as a teacher, I had the idea
and rationale confused in my head with testing and other edu baggage.

Regards Roland

On 6 May 2011 10:40, Kent Beveridge <kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  hmmm, Hey Ro,
>
> audits...fair and fearless...interesting...
>

> I got 'audited' 4 yrs in a row for ITAps and again this year for my VET
> Cert course...and, I bet, if my new SD course gets the go-ahead here, likely
> that too!
>

> Fair and fearless...????
>

> Random???
>

> No, I aint complaining, just making comment.
>

> The point of getting feedback from colleagues is a valid one. I often do
> that to improve content and ideas..its a type of QC we can use, particularly
> those of us running solo in our schools-like me!
>

> cya round...
>

> Kent.
>

>  Kent Beveridge
> ICT Co-ordinator, St.Brigids CSC, HORSHAM,Vic,Aus.
> *Subject:* Re: [Year 12 IT Apps] audit
>
>  Mark is right, these audits are something we have to expect as
> professionals who are open to critical review and accountability. The
> process is fair and fearless. This is kind of why it is good to continually
> bounce your work off colleagues for constructive feedback and reflection.
> Feel free to share what you are doing but be open to suggestions for changes
> and opportunities to return the favour. :-)
>
>  Regards Roland
>
> On 5 May 2011 17:18, Townsley, Andrew A <
> townsley.andrew.a at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>> Just found out I am being audited for unit3 only. Would anyone be kind
>> enough to look at my documents required for the audit?
>>
>> Kind of not happy this has happened .
>>
>> Andrew Townsley
>> FGSC
>>
>> *Important - *This email and any attachments may be confidential. If
>> received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening
>> or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any
>> loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender
>> or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files
>> our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
>> representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender,
>> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood
>> Development.

>> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and
>> http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
>> Teachers Association Inc

> Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

> change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
> Mead
>

>  Click here <https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==> to
>

> This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

  Roland Gesthuizen - Learning Technology Coordinator
Keysborough Secondary College <http://www.keysboroughsc.vic.edu.au>, Acacia
Campus

B.App.Sci., M.Ed.(ICT), ACCE Professional Associate, Educator of the year
2010

*"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can