[Year 12 IT Apps] Race to the top

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 23:41:47 EST 2011

I must admit when a colleague complained about a post on "Rate My Teacher"
that he could just log on and post his own positive feedback. I suppose I
could "employ" the efforts of the school computer club to wash away any
negative feedback with a crowd-sourced wave of respect, love and glory .. in
exchange for more game time I suppose.

Has anybody noticed that if you have a LinkedIN account and Google Profile
that it pushes you up the search tree, pushing the rubbish to page two.
Another point of trivia, if you just google for the name "Roland" then I am
on the front page, battling "Roland Keyboards" for a place. Last year I
overtook my Dutch unicycling cousin of the same name in our race for the
top. I'll need all the help I can get to beat the music industry. In a
couple of weeks I will be spending some time with my family in the
Netherlands whilst on LSL.

I am thinking of putting something in for a distance workshop with the VITTA
conference from Venice I think, check out the program :-)

Tot ziens, Roland

Disclaimer: I dont ride a unicycle and play the clarinet/sax, not the
keyboard.

On 6 June 2011 20:21, WEIR Andrew <andrew.weir at thomascarr.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  Thanks rob an interesting thought.
>

> Andrew Weir
> VK3HFT
>
> On 06/06/2011, at 17:26, "Robert Hind" <robert at yinnar.com> wrote:
>
>   Hi Andrew,
>
> Have just looked at some comments on your staff at the rate my teacher
> website - and I can see why some staff are getting a bit upset.
>
> Perhaps we need to link in to cyber bullying - because that is what it is -
> and deal with it under cyber bullying policy.
>
> Also need to encourage the students to
>
>    - talk to their teachers about problems
>    - then go to their year level/home group teachers
>    - resolve within the school
>
> Robert Hind (Semi-retired) OOF, GOM (Thanks Kent!)
> Ashwood and Traralgon
>  <robert at yinnar.com>robert at yinnar.com

 <http://globe.gov/about/>  <http://www.google.com/educators/gta.html> Roland
Gesthuizen - Learning Technologies Coordinator
Keysborough Secondary College <http://www.keysboroughsc.vic.edu.au>, Acacia
Campus

B.App.Sci., M.Ed.(ICT), ACCE Professional Associate, Educator of the year
2010

*"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can
change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead*