[Year 12 IT Apps] ITA U4O1 task 1 weighting

geoffmoss37 at bigpond.com geoffmoss37 at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 26 15:32:09 EST 2011

Hi Mark and all

Would agree on your comments re. pdf as it is not primarily seen as multimedia software and a pdf can be created from a Word document and thus would not then be seen as a multimedia authoring tool.  So to say a pdf is a multimedia tool per se is not correct.

While a multimedia PDF incorporating Flash and video could be created I think that, given the time available, it would not be in the interests of students to go down this road when there are easier ways to achieve the outcome.  This is a way of bringing multimedia into the pdf, the pdf not being the multimedia tool.

My 2 cents worth

Geoff Moss
RMIT