[Year 12 IT Apps] The Cost of Identity Theft - Infographic

ken price kenjprice at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 20:36:37 EST 2011

Nice summary of the data - thanks Jackson. Wonder if there is an Australian
version? Certainly identity theft is an important thing for students to
understand.

The flurry of infographics over the past year or so must have involved a new
batch of designers. That one (and many others) has unexpected design
elements - multiple typefaces for no obvious reason, multiple combinations
of text shading effects, different line styles, most text in all capitals.
You wouldn't find this mix in most other design work. In some ways it
reminds me of the nightmare documents produced by people when they got their
very first desktop publishing or presentation software :-)

Some infographic designers also seem unable to process basic arithmetic.
This one
http://www.skitzone.com/2011/the-shocking-numbers-behind-cell-phone-usage-infographic/
claims
there are 200,000,000,000,000 text messages received in the US every day.
Do the maths - it's utter rubbish. But it's been quoted by people who should
know better (despite it being from skitzone.com)

Cheers, ken