[Year 12 IT Apps] Help needed

c bloom rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 29 12:41:00 EST 2011

Hi Mark,

Do you have access to some musical composition and/or audio software? Have
the kids create a mashup - a blend of 2 or more different songs (Glee does
it all the time!)with audio effects, recordings etc added to create a new
'derivative' work. It can be really abstract! They could do a bit of
research to explore the history of such pieces and consider the copyright
implications -wikipedia is a good starting point. Or do some graphic design
to create a CD cover, poster etc or make a music video.

Cheers

Claire Bloom