[Year 12 IT Apps] Register now for our on-campus ICT VCE EnrichmentPrograms or we can visit your school!

Biggins, Leanne D biggins.leanne.d at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Feb 7 14:38:55 EST 2011

Hi Bianca,

Thank you for agreeing to organise a guest speaker to come here on Tues 10/5.  The yr 12 class runs from 10.30 - 11.45, but I suggest that the speaker arrives around 10.15  While the students are in year 12, not much should be assumed about their background knowledge.

The areas that need to be covered are from the ITA (2011) study design p 30 and 32, the key knowledge points as follows:

*	non-technical constraints on website solutions, including privacy, copyright and human rights requirements and social online protocols

*	reasons why organisations acquire data via websites, including 24-hour customer access, improved efficiencies through direct data entry by customers, improvements in effectiveness and access to global market economies

*
	reasons why individuals and organisations supply data via websites, including purchasing of goods and services, voting, social networking and exchanging information

*
	techniques used by organisations to acquire data on websites and reasons for their choice

*
	techniques used by organisations to protect the rights of individuals and organisations supplying data, including security protocols and stating policies regarding privacy, shipping and returns

In general, website data aquisition, voting, social networking, information exchange and commercial uses.

We are doing databases at the same time as this theory - MS Access.

Thanks again for your help, let me know about particular needs of the presenters (we will be in a classroom)
Leanne Biggins
IT and ITA teacher
Heathmont College
Phone 9871 4888