[Year 12 IT Apps] The internet is officially FULL

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:44:55 EST 2011

Last week I watched a Blip.TV conference keynote about this *iPocalyps. *It
is comming so be prepared!

This was shared to me via some QSITE IT Teachers who attended the LCA
conference. The video runs for about a period (50 min) but it give some
great background information to the issue without getting hugely  technical
and the options being considered. Great that LCA publish and share these
presentations.
      http://t.co/OH5NrVP

Regards Roland

Disclaimer: I share IPV4 at home and some good friends with QSITE and LCA.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Mark KELLY <kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au>wrote:

> On Thursday 3 Feb 2011, the pool of 4 billion IPv4 addresses available has
> been completely allocated - and IPv6 is still some way off.
>
> http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/02/internet-addresses/

> ICT / Reporting / IT Learning Area Manager
>
> McKinnon Secondary College
> McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204
> Victoria, Australia
> Direct line / Voicemail: +613 8520 9085
> Fax +613 9578 9253
> kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
>
> VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
> Moderator: IT Applications Edulist
>
> If not as many people are getting Brasilians,
> does this mean that waxing is waning?

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College