[Year 12 IT Apps] Six Reasons Why I’m Not On Facebook, By Wired UK’s Editor

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 12:56:40 EST 2010

Here is a very nice map or visualisation of the social networks in the
web2.0 space. Well worth printing out for the classroom wall to generate
some interest and discussion amongst the students or staff. Has anybody seen
the XKCD original version?

The 2010 Social Networking Map /
Flowtown<http://www.diigo.com/annotated/9342a1075e1a2d453be40edc9fd44476>
"As a tribute to XKCD’s ‘Map of Online Communities’, we have decided to
re-create our own, updated version of this map. The numbers are taken to
reflect many new developments in the social networking communities,
including Facebook surpassing Myspace as the preeminent online community:"

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au