[Year 12 IT Apps] VCE ITA Study Design U3O1

Joyce Tabone jtabone at aitkencollege.edu.au
Thu Sep 16 10:47:23 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to get my head around key skills dot point "explain the
technical requirements of the networks hosting the websites".

Do are students need to be able to demonstrate an understanding of:

*         The differences between static and dynamic IP addresses

*         Types of Web server software such as Apache and what they are
capable of

*         Specifications of web servers

*         Domain name servers

*         Security issues to guard against hacking etc

*         Internet connection speed/bandwidth

*         Understanding ports, especially port 80

*         Anything else .....

And to what extent do our students need to be able to understand and
explain these technical requirements.

Thanks for your feedback

Joyce

Joyce Tabone

Head of Faculty - ICT and Website Editor

Aitken College

1010 Mickleham Road

Greenvale, VIC 3059

Tel: (03) 9333 1866