[Year 12 IT Apps] U4O1 marker

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Sep 8 13:18:53 EST 2010

Hi all.  As I plough through marking the mammoth U4O1, I thought I'd share
my secret marking tool. I find it makes marking big SACs far easier (since I
don't have to add mentally, or remember what I've found so far that is worth
marks) and fairer since my marking scheme doesn't vary over time.

It's divided into the 3 tasks, and complex items like mockups and production
have little sub-markers underneath for entering components of marks. This is
handy where you find the relevant proof at different times and want to
record (for example) that 'yes, he did use sheet protection so that's 1
mark' without having to juggle a lot of criteria in one's head at once.

It also gives 3 task totals for VASS result entry as well as % and outcome
total out of 60.  If you later stick in your U4O2 test result, it gives your
kids' U4 totals (also for VASS data entry).

Hope it helps

Regards
Mark

Now to get onto task 2...

Information Systems Manager; Reporting Manager
School Phone +613 8520 9000, Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

Korma: the philosophy that what you get out of a curry depends on what you
put into it.