[Year 12 IT Apps] Decoding the study design - part 203

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Oct 7 07:39:40 EST 2010

Dear colleagues

'Types' of websites refers to the listing of approved types of websites
in the July Bulletin. And it refers to not only what students are
required to create (prototype), but also what they study, as key
knowledge should be directly linked to the outcome statement. The
purpose of the key knowledge point is for students to know about
different 'genres' of websites that support information exchange, the
purposes of each and how they function. This will then enable them to
make appropriate decisions about types of websites that suit different
online communities when they are demonstrating the outcome.

The purpose of the Bulletin listing is to restrict the type or genre of
websites for both learning and assessment reasons. When referring to
attributes of a website (or any other solution) in the study design, we
always use the terms efficient and effective.

Hope this clears up the concerns about the term 'type'.

Regards

Paula