[Year 12 IT Apps] 2000 apple vs 2010 apple

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:05:30 EST 2010

>From the eChalk list. Harder to make comparisions across this time span but
interesting to see changes in other ways such as weight and graphics. Not
much movement beyond the 32 bit OS barrier .. yet. :-P

What for 2020 folks? ... will we be seeing 3D?

Regards Roland

Rob Poulter wrote:

Was mooching about the web the other when I saw this comparison at Ars
Technica. I think I find the graphical capabilities the starkest contrast
personally.

2000
iMac
Operating System - Mac OS 9.0.4
Processor - 500 MHz PowerPC G3 CPU, 128MB Memory
Graphics - ATI Rage 128 Pro, 8MB of memory (8 million triangles)
Screen - 786K pixels
Data Transfer Speeds - 1.3-12.5 MB/s (DVD-ROM-1/100 Ethernet)
Storage - 30GB Hard Drive
Dimensions - 15.0 x 15.0 x 17.1 inches
Weight - 34.7 pounds

2010
iPhone 4
Operating System - iOS 4.0
Processor - 1 Ghz ARM A4 CPU, 512MB Memory
Graphics - PowerVR SGX 535, uses system memory (28 million triangles)
Screen - 614K pixels
Data Transfer Speeds - .04-20MB/s (3G-WiFi)
Storage - 32GB Flash Drive
Dimensions - 4.5 x 2.31 x .31 inches
Weight - 4.8 ounces

(from http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1114049)