[Year 12 IT Apps] FTP to school internal server...?

George Ciotti ciotti.george.w at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Jul 19 23:15:51 EST 2010

Thanks for the reply Brett. The thing is the test site is open to the web.
In other words you can access the site on the web and I can actually get
into the backend (we are using a Joomla CMS system) and do most things in
the backend except upload media and alter CSS files etc, hence the need for
FTP access. Although uploading images and files should be able to be
accessed from within the Joomla back end at the very least, this points to
the fact that one cannot access the server that the site resides on to alter
files.
The other, and most important, issue is that I have been told that we cannot
use an external ( third party ) ISP. It would be much easier if we could,
problem solved in fact, and I did initially recommend this but was informed
by our tech support that the department would not allow this setup. ???
Hence we seem to have a convoluted setup with limited and unworkable access.
Do you use a third party ISP to house your school¹s front-of-house website?
Your reply below seems to suggest you do?

Cheers
George

-->
The University High School
77 Story Street, Parkville, Vic, 3052, Australia
Ph: (03) 9347 2022
mobile: 0412934782