[Year 12 IT Apps] U4 Outcome 1 assistance

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Jul 16 08:49:28 EST 2010

I don't have a SAC I can distribute, unfortunately, but in terms of level of
difficulty, my kids should be able to demonstrate knowledge of:

- basic arithmetic and calculation of percentages
- basic Excel functions (including SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, ROUND)
- conditional testing (IF, AND, OR)
- VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP
- conditional formatting
- cell and range naming
- cell formatting
- sheet protection
- the wise use of multiple worksheets
- charting
- knowing when to use a database instead of a spreadsheet (which the author
of the last question in last year's VCAA exam obviously did *not* know!)
Yes.  I'm still annoyed about that debacle.

Remember that U4O1 is a 3-task outcome, so give yourself enough time to
train kids up on visualisation of thinking (I use *Inspiration*) and writing
user documentation.

On 15 July 2010 11:45, Michelle Lazarow <lazarm at bialik.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  Hi!
>
> I am new to the world of IT Apps and have come into teaching it this term!
> As I have not taught this before I am a little confused as to the level of
> detail that is required for Outcome 1. I was wondering whether anyone would
> be willing to share a completed Assessment Task for Outcome 1?
>
> Thanks,
> Michelle
>
> --
> *Michelle Lazarow
> *Bialik College
> Email: lazarm at bialik.vic.edu.au
> PH: (03) 9822 7981

Manager - Information Systems; Reporting Manager
School Phone +613 8520 9000, Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

Author - VCE IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

Korma: the philosophy that what you get out of a curry depends on what you
put into it.