[Year 12 IT Apps] Samples of work

Bane, Janet A bane.janet.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Feb 11 11:50:41 EST 2010

Hi Ken

The project management section that I do with my kids is to do a Gantt Chart (which has to be done in electronic form so I use Excel) and some sort of Work log which they fill out manually after each period.  I use three columns - Date, Tasks Completed and Comment.  In the comment field they are supposed to look at their Gantt Chart and make some remarks as to whether they are "on track" or behind schedule, or where they lost/gained time.

In the design section, the kids have to do a data dictionary (for all their tables), a layout diagram (for one of their forms), a data structure chart (showing how the tables are linked), and some test data to test their validation rules.

I don't consider myself an authority on this, so others may differ - this is one of the problems with the current study design - too much is left to interpretation.  I can only hope that the next one will be written in "Plain English".

hope this helps,

Janet Bane
Patterson River SC