[Year 12 IT Apps] social networking sites(facebook etc)..

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 30 12:41:53 EST 2010

Has anyone used these Facebook or similar sites as a 'contemporary learning too' ?
What sort of responses has it had?
What type of strategies for its use were implemented (or discussed) ?
Other ideas....

I am looking/considering this option as to 'embrace' some of the social technologies being used presently. Have had a brief chat with my principal on the matter and he asked me to do some investigation on the matter.

So, colleagues out there, what are some of your experiences, plusses, minuses, interestings???

Please email responses as I am compiling an electronic folder of this information for a presentation.
Am also happy to look at professional reading of published papers on this matter.

Thanks..
KB.

Kent Beveridge
ICT Co-ordinator, St.Brigids CSC, HORSHAM,Vic,Aus.