[Year 12 IT Apps] [OT] Good NSSCF news!

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Aug 6 14:35:24 EST 2010

I've got onto Ian Cruttenden (head honcho for NSSCF funding at DEECD) and
got some useful info.

1.  iPads *will* be counted as computers against the 1:1 ratio target.

2. The bad news is that iPads will *not* be on the NSSCF computer panel (at
least, not *yet*) so the only NSSCF money we can use to buy them is the
money left over from the $1250 after buying a "real" computer from the
approved panel.

3.  *Funding for future rounds of NSSCF will be announced next week*.  There
will be no application process like last time; funds will be applied
automatically and in stages. *Funds will start going out late term 3 / early
term 4.*

Wacko!  At last we know something so we can make decisions.
Mark

Manager - Information Systems; Reporting Manager
School Phone +613 8520 9000, Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

Author - VCE IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

Korma: the philosophy that what you get out of a curry depends on what you
put into it.