[Year 12 IT Apps] Edulists facts, statistics, myths and more

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 08:59:10 EST 2010

At the risk of opening a can of worms, I think the students won. After the
moderator stepped and threatened a solid thumping for any more wingers, it
was agreed that schools are fun learning spaces for children, not
micro-industrial enterprises or scaled-down offices. Accordingly, there
should always be room for innovation and exploration, whatever platform(s)
might be available. I smile when I realise that the desktop no longer
matters as much as freedom to create, change, express and collaborate does.

I think many of us missed the signs of change with our noses squished
against the chalkboards. Honestly .. who here could have predicted 10 years
ago the changes in Google and GoogleApps, Netbooks and the OLPC,
microblogging with Twitter/Facebook, the iPhone explosion, cloud computing
ownership, FLOSS, the great Oz-firewall and legions of zombies working to
steal your identity? We live in interesting times ..

Regards Roland

typed on my iPad :P

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au