[Year 12 IT Apps] Tweet cloud distraction

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 22:03:23 EST 2009

This well off topic (OK, there is a list for this but hey, got to keep
things rolling along. After a hell of a day sorting out report issues for
everybody else at school) I had an interesting discussion with my junior IT
class talking about the value of tagging and social networking. Some had
never really noticed the value of the tags used with YouTube. We had fun
examining the ABC news tag cloud and playing with Wordle
http://www.wordle.net to farm words that I use in my reports .. and new
VITTA resource portal although you will need to login to see it.

Anyway, here is a tag cloud that I just made with
http://tweetcloud.icodeforlove.com that analyses your twitter posts to
determine the most popular burning topics and keywords. My technicians had a
bit of fun playing about with it and here is my cloud for November.

[image: 90631864380bdc78c8c5d87bd85dfbc6.png]

Hmm, so it is packed with stuff that I can wrote into a sentence about
issues raised by VITTA09 <http://www.vitta.org.au/> November Conference
keynotes (well done team!) ACEC2010 <http://www.acec2010.info/> Melbourne
April conference (note in diary), free software ideas (software freedom
day), a morning wish for more thinking and reflecting time bundled with
thanks to you all for another great year online :-)

.. good luck with generating one for yourself :-)

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au