[Year 12 IT Apps] REVIEW OF VCE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, SUMMARY OF PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE STUDY DESIGN

Margaret Lawson margaret.lawson at konstantkaos.net
Tue Aug 18 16:24:28 EST 2009

I must admit, I am struggling to get through the course in the time
allotted as it is.
Not sure how I will go with three software types in Unit 3.

Does the course assume that the kids are coming in with a background in
these tools?
I would understand it if it was a flat file database in Unit 3 and then
relational in Unit 4 ....

BUT, I love the fact that there are short practical tests for SAC's.
Are these tests going to be centrally issued, thus maintaining a
standard for the subject, or left upto the schools?

I like the fact that they have dropped project management, even though I
enjoyed this bit of the course .. I too would favour spending more time
on strict IT concepts rather than fluffing around with managing your own
project ...

Looking forward to seeing the whole course!

:)

Margaret

Part time St. Michael's
Part time Konstant Kaos Designs