[Year 12 IT Apps] Q12 redux

Bane, Janet A bane.janet.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Nov 14 09:46:36 EST 2008

Hi mark,  I have now finished the entire masterpiece that is the ITA post mortem.  Made me laugh a lot, and even look up the definition of cognoscenti, which I have now found out means " persons who have superiour knowledge and understanding of a particular field, esp. in the fine arts, literature and world of fashion."   so thanks for expanding my vocabulary as well.

Two points occurred to me as I read through.  I think my dogs breakfast award  goes to Q 9 a (what type of network are the Geography students using), followed closely by 9b - "Identify a potential problem for the school when these teams transmit data to the website".  I took this to mean that the high spec cameras the kiddies had been given produced lots of lovely (huge) files, which could then cause probs with transmission via email, or storage problems for the students (in their limited space home directories)  or even the school.

The spreadsheet question - simple formula you produced was magnificent.  May I suggest a more complex way of suggesting "how the spreadsheet could be altered to enhance the meaning of the information" would be to do something way out of the ordinary like bolding the maximum or maybe add some other type of  formatting to highlight/enhance it?    Or am I being too simple here?

give my regards to Gil Bates,

Janet Bane
Patterson River SC