[Year 12 IT Apps] RE:Google tools

Bill Oldham billo at kew.hotkey.net.au
Tue Nov 4 19:02:50 EST 2008

Is anyone considering using the Google tools that are now available to use
in all the SACs for next year except the database one?

This year I started with a Google account. I began with Gmail, Gtalk, and
Ggroups.

This lead into using Blogger, Google images and Picasa.

Then came the online versions of a word processor, spreadsheet and web page
creator programs as part of Google docs.

Timelines were developed in a rough sense using Google Calendar and Google
docs spreadsheet.

Add to this a start of using PBwiki, YouTube and Google toolbar.

It seems like most of ITA in 2009 could be covered using Google tools and be
completely online.

What do you think?

Regards, Bill Oldham (sessional teacher at Chisholm TAFE and VU)