[Year 12 IT Apps] Re: Relational Database design and planning

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Mar 11 08:36:21 EST 2008

If they feature midnight brain fade, they were produced in your own time
and therefore the IP would not be the property of DEECD  :-)

Mike Brookes wrote:
> Hi people
> A while ago i posted a Top-Down method of designing relational
> databases. I have updated this and produced an example design, together
> with the resulting Access database and a proforma that students can use
> for SACs etc.
>
> The method should work for any relational database but after cutting my
> database teeth on DBaseIII more decades ago than I care to remember I
> found that when Access was first released it was so much easier to use
> that I haven't found the urge to try anything else since.
>
> My notes are originally designed assuming that I am with the students to
> explain any mysteries, typos or midnight brain fades that they find in
> the notes so if you find any of these or need further clarification
> please send me an email to Brookes.Michael.R via edumail so I can fix.
>
> Copyleft notice
> Theoretically the education department owns the copyright to these
> notes. I suspect that they would loose their collective sense of humour
> if we all wrote asking for permission be3fore using any of the material
> posted here, so as far as I am concerned help your self, let me know
> about bugs and if you find it useful email me a photo of a sack of gold
>
> Mike Brookes
> Chief cook and bottle washer
> Copperfield College

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

You'll know when we are officially a civilised race: our schools have
all the money they need and the Air Force has to run a chook raffle to
buy a new bomber.