[Year 12 IT Apps] SmartAsset

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Mar 5 19:12:05 EST 2008

Media Release
Victorian Minister for ICT
Tuesday, March 4, 2000 (snip)
<http://www.dpc.vic.gov.au/pressrel>

VICTORIAN SMARTASSET BRINGS HOME SILICON VALLEY AWARD

A Melbourne computer company has taken out the top prize at Microsoft’s
Office Developers Conference in the US – with its locally produced
SmartAsset package named Office Business Application of the Year.

The Minister for ICT, Theo Theophanous said Melbourne’s KDR Creative
Software was a global leader, with its software package, SmartAsset, the
only one of its kind in the world.

"KDR’s software has a unique asset management function that works with the
Microsoft Office suite, making it easy to track and maintain huge sets of
equipment and information via familiar programs.." Mr Theophanous said.

"It’s fantastic for a local company to be competing so successfully on
such a tough international playing field – and I congratulate KDR on being
recognised for their ingenuity and creativity on a global stage." (snip)

KDR CEO Kevin Ramsey said, "Taking out this incredible award from
Microsoft was a huge bonus – it helped us gather an enormous amount of
interest in our products which we expect will translate into new business."
--

Cheers people
Stephen Loosley