[Year 12 IT Apps] OT - Student Laptop Use Policy

Robyn Dunn robyn at camhigh.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 26 10:01:01 EST 2008

We don't have a policy as such but we do refuse we put student laptops on the network as we don't know what virus protection they have and they could copy software from the network which would be a breach of copyright. We can't offer any extra security over their laptop in terms of storage and we don't support these laptops as they could be anything (even Macs) and the technicians don't have the time or expertise to fix any type of laptop that is brought to us. This situation will change over time but that is our position now.

Ms Robyn Dunn
Director of elearning
Camberwell High School
email: du at camhigh.vic.edu.au
phone: 98360555
fax: 98360194
Please consider carefully before printing this email.

>>> "Clare, Ian J" <Clare.Ian.J at edumail.vic.gov.au> 25/02/2008 4:32 pm >>>
OFF TOPIC

Our school does not have a laptop program however a number of students
are now bringing their own laptops to class. We would like to develop a
policy and guidelines for their use and I was wondering if any other
school has a similar situation and would be willing to share their
guidelines/policy with us.

Thank you as ever for your help

Ian Clare

e-mail clare.ian.j at edumail.vic.gov.au