[Year 12 IT Apps] 'Delivering a Digital Education Revolution'

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 5 16:49:22 EST 2008

hmmm, thanks for that insight Bill.
So where's my(our) pay rise?  (couldn't resist!)  After all, isnt part of the 'revolution' to invest in the teachers too...or are we just the vehicle for politicians to sound important like they are doing something, while we genuinely are?
I have no position of leadership (ie not a 'Leading Teacher' level) yet I work my butt off to help these kids get off to a good start,  and yet my pay this year is the same as it was last year being at the top of the levels now.(in real terms I am now losing money!).

I will say this much.. the teachers here that are on the 'next level' (I assume here..) look like they work their butts off, as do all staff here so one wonders if the kids at times appreciate how caring all staff are that work for their behalf. (I am generalising but genuinely feel we all deserve more in comparison to wages in professional and some semi-professional occupations.)
I also just overheard that first year staff now kick off at $50k for first year...wow!

Kent.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

|<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like promises.....
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."