[Year 12 IT Apps] RE: POSTCARD VIRUS ALERT

Natalie H natinga71 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 17:36:28 EST 2008

Variations of both versions have been around before...

the Real One from mid 2007 http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp which is most liekly based upon....
the Hoax Version originating in 2002 http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/virtualcard.asp

Interesting twist is that sometimes the real virus includes a link to the Snopes report on the hoax to "prove" that it's harmless!

As Mark said, just be smart and don't open things if you don't know what's inside!

Good luck in term 2 everyone......

Natalie Heath
Parade College
(I don't teach 3&4, just 1&2.... I'm lurking in case I learn something useful!!)

A virus hoax I feel- see http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_postcard_virus.htm