[Year 12 IT Apps] Supporting Virtual TeamsthroughTechnology-VITTA Workshop 09/08 - Registrations Open!

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Tue Apr 1 21:43:37 EST 2008

Hi Ros,
A year or two back I took, as part of several venues for the day, a group of kids to sites including CERES. It has some interesting uses of technology and the 'mini farm' environment looked interesting. The cafe was a bit pricey from memory though!. The problem we found from feedback on the day was that the kids felt the time there was perhaps a tad too long (bout 2.5hrs I think it was). Just feedback, not comment.
Me, intrigued by the power stuff and the windmill. The energy house didnt offer any surprises, in fact I felt it was behind the times actually! Kids ride bikes and chuck em now, not many seem interested in what makes em work!

There you go, a bit on technology for ya!

Kent.

ps.. about the comment from another lister that I generalize in the subject...yep! Guilty as charged!.
Why? the short attention span when I start talking technical is a clue(of the students!)...they just arent interested about that stuff...you guessed it...talk games and they're in your palm! Talk technical and they go to sleep!
Mind you, got a couple of technical nerds this year....its a good challenge.

pps..for you users of Dell Laptops ...just put a non Dell DDR2 2Gb RAM chip in my laptop upping it to 3Gb when the net, and the Dell site, said could only go to 2! go figure. The machine recognized the non Dell chip too (the dell site reckoned only use dell RAM ...WRONG...put in a Kingston 2Gb chip...wanted 2 @ 2Gb each to give me 4Gb but the bloke only had one left..ah well settle for 3Gg for now!. Running XP.
Hey Ros...stop laughing!!  You and your Mac!!...Hey, hows that mini machine of yours going that you showed us at the Moodle fest? An ASUS I think it was...saw one of those in 'The Good Guys' store today but cant remember the price.

Just got a flyer in the mail..AusPost has a 500Gb  WD storage for $179 and a Maxtor unit for the same price(same capacity)..Not a promo, but I am currently looking at this stuff so thought others might be interested too.(good for UBUNTU etc..me is thinking here!)

Kent.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

|<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like promises.....
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."