[Year 12 IT Apps] crisis!?

Michael Torsello (Mr) michael at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Sun Sep 23 19:17:46 EST 2007

Same story here but worse. No ITA or YR 11 IT at all.

I saw the signs early last year and initiated a couple of "fun" Year 10 semester units - Multimedia and Programming.
Despite healthy numbers for MM this year, not one student from a class of 21 chose Yr 11 IT for 2008!

Next year I have 2 full MM classes and 1 programming class of 9 (not bad for a girls school), but am not sure what will happen to VCE IT in the future. First time I have not taught VCE IT since it started.

With Thanks
Michael Torsello
Director of Computing
St Margaret's School