[Year 12 IT Apps] Study design content

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Sep 18 12:47:43 EST 2007

O, but it _is_.

ITA U3O1 KK4 demands that we cover "A problem-solving methodology
involving analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and
evaluation."  Same for ITA U4O1 (including the documentation phase.)

Sound familiar?  It's the SDLC wearing a fake moustache.

Are you saying we teach the SDLC but just call it "A problem-solving
methodology" in exam questions?

Christophersen, Paula P wrote:
> Dear colleagues
>
> When preparing your students for the end of year examination, do not
> develop any questions on, or revise the topic of, the systems
> development life cycle (SDLC). This was part of the Information
> Processing and Management study design, and it is *not *included in IT
> applications.
>

> Regards
>
> Paula
>

> Paula Christophersen